Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

To celebrate my niece’s 5th birthday I decided to take her, her sister, her mother and my mother out for afternoon tea.  The girls were so excited, they dressed up in their ball gowns and we headed to Mrs. B’s Tea Parlor.

Bella and Lila outside of Mrs. B's

Mom (Grandma) and Bella

Mom (Grandma) and the Birthday Girl


Tracy and the Birthday Girl




I think the girls enjoyed the Princess Grey Tea more than they enjoyed the scones and tea sandwiches.  They probably drank at least a pot of tea each! 

Lila drinking tea like a princess.  Note the pinky finger!

Bella has drinking tea properly down!
The scones and tea sandwiches may have been a little too fancy for 5 and 8 year old taste palettes but I think they had a great time. 




Mrs. B’s had Christmas carols, offered a history of the old Victorian home that is now the tea parlor and gave a history of afternoon tea.  Although the sandwiches may have been too fancy the girls loved the mouthwatering confections.  I hope that this becomes a birthday tradition for my youngest niece!


After tea we headed back to my parent’s home so that Lila could open her gift from Grandma and Grandpa.  She was so excited to find out what she would receive!


A purple Hello Kitty bike!!



Lila was thrilled about her new bike!

1 comment:

  1. it looks like you all had a wonderful time at tea :) and Lila appears to LOVE her present - so fun to get your first bike!

    ReplyDelete