Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Valentine's Day Tea Party

If you are cold, tea will warm you.  If you are too heated, it will cool you.  If you are depressed, it will cheer you.  If you are excited, it will calm you.  ~Gladstone, 1865

Back in December, I took my mom, sister in law and 2 nieces out for afternoon tea.  My nieces loved the outing but didn’t really enjoy the sophisticated, adult food.  At that time I told them I would host a tea party for Valentine’s Day and have sandwiches and treats that they would enjoy.  Well, a promise is a promise despite my crazy work life (working on many days up to 18 hours) there was a tea party to be had!  My mom and I decided to host the tea party together (she is the ultimate baker and lifesaver in preparing for parties), the invitations were sent out, RSVP’s in and the day had come for a Valentine’s Day Tea! 
We had 4 young ‘princesses’ and 14 ‘queen’s’ for the tea party and everyone had a wonderful time!  I am sad I didn’t remember to bust out my camera more during the party, but between answering many questions from the young princesses and refilling tea pots I didn’t get around to taking many pictures.  Fortunately, I did take some pictures of the tablescape before the party started and managed to capture a couple photos during the event.
The young girls table



Every young princess needs a crown!

My 'new' tea set (OK, I have had for over a year but haven't been able to throw a tea party until now)






Happy Valentine's Day!

The beautiful flowers my hubby picked up for the party!  Is he awesome or what?!

Olivia enjoying a princess tea party!

Lila looking adorable with her crown!

My mom (at the head of the table), and my family-in-law (mother-in-law, aunt-in-law, cousin-in-law and sister-in-law. This was their first tea party!)

The 'Queen's' (Ladies my mom and I have known for a long time, one at this table has known me since I was 3!)

The other 'Queen's'

Sweet Bella

There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.  ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

The mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose.  ~George Gissing, The Private Papers of Henry Ryecroft

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including me in this special tea party. I vote for more tea parties in the future. The food was amazing and the company wonderful. You & your Mom are fantastic hostesses.

    ReplyDelete