Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Adoption Update

We are still waiting....
It has been awhile since my last update on the adoption and quite honestly my heart hasn't been into posting updates because we haven't had any real positive news to provide.
We thought we would be traveling at the end of December or at the latest in January.  But here we are at the end of January and still no travel dates.
Our little boy's first birthday was in December and let me tell you I never guessed that I would be so incredibly sad to have missed this key milestone in his life.  Everyone, tries to tell us, 'You can celebrate his birthday when he comes home'.  I know they have good intentions but quite honestly, this doesn't make me feel better.  We missed his first birthday, you don't get to make up for it.  Celebrating when he's 15 or 16 months old isn't the same as celebrating his actual birthday.  I do plan on having a party for him when we bring him home but I don't know if it can be considered a birthday party if it is 4 months after the fact.
Right after Thanksgiving we learned that his passport was issued and that we were waiting on his medical exam.  Once the medical exam was complete, an embassy appointment could be made and then we could travel to pick him up.  We told that the medical exam would happen about 2 weeks ago, then we received a call last week saying it has been pushed back a couple weeks and should hopefully happen on January 30th.
Needless to say once we heard the news that we were STILL waiting on a medical exam and that the last 7 weeks have not had any movement, we were devastated.  Our hearts broke.  I've experienced heartbreak before but this was different, my heart literally felt like someone took a hammer to it.  It was and still is the worst pain.  My heart aches for my son.  All I want is to hold him in my arms and hug and kiss him.
It has been a rough week, dealing with the news that we are still in the same place in the process that we were 7 weeks ago.  I'll admit that I've questioned what God's actual plan is for us.  But after a few days of wallowing in my sorrow and many conversations with God, I've realized that His love never fails.  During the last week I feel this message has been pressed upon my heart and the words from the song "One Thing Remains"  has made it apparent that God is still here and with us through this journey.  His love NEVER fails.

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains
One thing remains

Your love NEVER fails, never gives up, never runs out on me

We pray with all of our might that our son's medical exam is conducted this week and the attorney delivers the medical report to the embassy as quick as possible.  We have family and friends praying that these final milestones of this process are quick and the people (attorney, doctor, embassy employees, etc) all show favor for our adoption.  We know that God is in complete control of this entire process and pray that God comforts our hearts as we know He is only able to do.
His love NEVER fails, never gives up, never runs out on me

5 comments:

  1. My heart hurts for you. I know that ache, it's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I just went to your blog and just read your post from 1/23/13 one year ago and I have to say what a beautiful post. I had tears in my eyes reading it!

      Delete
  2. I can't begin to understand what you two are going through. All I can say is I am happy to listen if you need a sympathetic ear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Ash. Praying he's home in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand. Our little one's second b-day was mid-January and we had totally thought that we would have gotten her by then. But the wait ensues!! Hang in there my friend. Cheers,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete